UCUM is the short form of the Unified Code for Units of Measure – by the Regenstrief Institute. It is a system of codes for unambiguously representing measurement units to both humans and machines.
Systems and Standards (Courtesy of Thomas Balzer (BfArM Germany) – 21.07.2015)
- International System of Units (French: Système International d’Unités, SI)
- UCUM sets up rules how to transform units to a machine readable form
- ISO 11240 shows how to implement a system according to UCUM
- Referentials: a value set of Units for Measurements regarding ISO 11240 and UCUM
- Copyright: Regenstrief Institute and „Unified Code for Units of Measure” http://www.unitsofmeasure.org
- Board of Advisors: Dr. Simon Cox, Dr. Christof Gessner, Dr. Gunther Schadow, Dr. Daniel Vreeman, NLM Liaison: Dr. Clement J. McDonald
- Specification: http://unitsofmeasure.org/ucum.html
Ownership of Dictionary (Courtesy of Thomas Balzer (BfArM Germany) – 21.07.2015)
- For SI it is the General Conference on Weights and Measures (CGPM)?
- For UCUM it is the Regenstrief Institute and UNITSOFMEASURE
- For ISO 11240 it is ISO
- For a Value Set it is the European Union Network Data Board (EUNDB)
Permission is hereby granted in perpetuity, without payment of license fees or royalties, to use, copy, or distribute the UCUM codes, UCUM Specification, and UCUM table (in all formats in which it is distributed by The Organization and the UCUM Organization) (collectively, the “Licensed Materials”) for any commercial or non-commercial purpose, subject to the following terms and conditions:…
Articles on UCUM
UOMo adds Units of Measurement support for IT Systems and Services both to Language and Data.